11th International Conference | January 8-11, 2015
hosted by Victoria University of Wellington and Massey University, Wellington
at the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
Keynote Addresses hosted by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand and the New Zealand Treasury will be given by Nobel Laureates Robert F. Engle, New York University, and Christopher A. Sims, Princeton University, by WEAI President John Pencavel, Stanford University, and by WEAI President-Elect David Card, University of California, Berkeley. A featured Professional Development session organized by former JPAM Editor Maureen Pirog, Indiana University, is entitled "Shaping the Field of Scholarly Publishing."
A closer walk to the Museum Te Papa than the Rydges Hotel, a new option for conference housing is now being offered at the Copthorne Hotel Wellington. Use group code 132900 to obtain a conference rate of NZ$155/night for a standard room, NZ$185/night for a superior harbor view room.
Preliminary Program (rev.11-13) | Participants Directory (rev.11-13) | Session Information and Instructions
Participation Information | Registration Information | Register to Attend | Travel and General Information
Tentative Schedule | Housing Information | Participating Allied Societies
90th Annual Conference | June 28- July 2, 2015
Hilton Hawaiian Village, Waikiki
Mark your calendar and plan to join us in Honolulu for next year's Annual Conference! Keynote address just announced -- Christian Dustmann, University College London, Director of the Centre for Research and Analysis on Migration, and Scientific Director of the NORFACE Research Programme on Migration.
Online submission is now available for volunteer program participants:
Volunteer Program Participation | Present a Paper | Discuss a Paper | Chair a Session | Organize a Session
Register to Attend | Housing Information | General Information | Participating Allied Societies
Opportunities for Economists
- Full-time, Tenure-track, any field, strong econometrics, California State University, East Bay
- Full-time, Tenure-track Assistant Professor, political economy, Colorado State University
- Non-tenure track faculty position, any specialty, National Cheng Kung University
- Teaching and Research Positions, National Chengchi University
- Full-time, Research Positions, applied microeconomics, RAND Corporation
- Full-time, Associate or Full Professor, health economics, San Francisco State University
- Full-time, Assistant Professor, econometrics, University of Washington, Seattle
- Tenure-track Positions, any specialty, University of California, Los Angeles
- Full-time, Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, any specialty, University of Hong Kong
- Full-time, Assistant Professor, international finance and macro, University of Washington, Seattle
Economic Inquiry Editors in the News
Previous EI Editor R. Preston McAfee has been appointed Chief Economist for Microsoft. Previously, he was an economist at Google, and before that he was a Vice President and Research Fellow at Yahoo! Research where he led the Microeconomics and Social Systems group.
EI Editor, Wes Wilson, received an award as a “Distinguished Member of the Transportation and Public Utilities Group” for significant contributions to the field over his career. Previous award winners have been Nobel Laureates William Vickrey and Daniel McFadden with a host of others over its long history.
- Tim Brennan (co-editor since 2007) has been appointed Chief Economist for the Federal Communications Commission. He will continue as EI co-editor in a limited capacity during the time period of his appointment. Congratulations, Tim!