11th International Conference | January 8-11, 2015
hosted by Victoria University of Wellington and Massey University, Wellington
at the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
Keynote Addresses hosted by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand and the New Zealand Treasury will be given by Nobel Laureates Robert F. Engle, New York University, and Christopher A. Sims, Princeton University, by WEAI President John Pencavel, Stanford University, and by WEAI President-Elect David Card, University of California, Berkeley. A featured Professional Development session organized by former JPAM Editor Maureen Pirog, Indiana University, is entitled "Shaping the Field of Scholarly Publishing."
Preliminary Program (rev. 9-22) | Participants Directory (rev. 9-22) | Session Information and Instructions
Participation Information | Volunteer to Discuss or Chair | Organize a Session
Registration Information | Register to Attend | Travel and General Information
Tentative Schedule | Housing Information | Participating Allied Societies
90th Annual Conference | June 28- July 2, 2015
Hilton Hawaiian Village, Waikiki
Mark your calendar and plan now to join us in Honolulu for next year's Annual Conference! If you are part of a another academic society and would be interested in becoming a Participating Allied Society, please let us know!
Online submission is now available for volunteer program participants:
Opportunities for Economists
- Full-time tenure track, any field, strong econometrics, California State University, East Bay
- Full-time, Assistant Professor, econometrics, University of Washington, Seattle
- Tenure-track positions, any field, University of California, Los Angeles
- Full-time, Assistant Professor, international finance and macro, University of Washington, Seattle
Economic Inquiry Editors in the News
Previous EI Editor R. Preston McAfee has been appointed Chief Economist for Microsoft. Previously, he was an economist at Google, and before that he was a Vice President and Research Fellow at Yahoo! Research where he led the Microeconomics and Social Systems group.
EI Editor, Wes Wilson, received an award as a “Distinguished Member of the Transportation and Public Utilities Group” for significant contributions to the field over his career. Previous award winners have been Nobel Laureates William Vickrey and Daniel McFadden with a host of others over its long history.
- Tim Brennan (co-editor since 2007) has been appointed Chief Economist for the Federal Communications Commission. He will continue as EI co-editor in a limited capacity during the time period of his appointment. Congratulations, Tim!