2015 Best Article Award
"Lead Exposure and Behavior: Effects on Antisocial and Risky Behavior among Children and Adolescents" by Jessica Wolpaw Reyes
- NEW! Specialized Virtual Issues
Early View Content | January 2017 Issue
2015 Best Article Award
"Early Withdrawals from Retirement Accounts during the Great Recession" by Robert Argento, Victoria L. Bryant, and John Sabelhaus
- NEW! Call for Papers: Bank Policy
- NEW! Virtual Issue on Inequality
- Early View Content | January 2017 Issue
13th International Conference | January 3-6, 2017
Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, Centro de Extensión, Santiago
Keynote Addresses include Nobel Laureate Robert F. Engle, New York University Stern School of Business, WEAI President-Elect Orley Ashenfelter, Princeton University ("Real Wage Rates Across Countries and Over Time"), and Ignacio Sánchez Diaz, President, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile ("Challenges of the Reform of the Chilean Higher Education System"). Roundtable panel discussion including Engle, Ashenfelter, Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, and panel moderator Nobel Laureate Daniel McFadden, University of California, Berkeley.
A special activity has just been added at the end of the conference! Join us for an escape to the Santa Rita Winery in the heart of the Maipo Valley. Reserve your ticket through the registration page. Deadline for reservations is December 1.
Preliminary Program (rev.11/28/16) | Participants Directory (rev.11/28/16)
Session Information & Instructions | Participation Information
Register to Attend | Tentative Schedule | Participating Allied Societies
Housing Information | Travel and General Information | Santa Rita Winery Tour
92nd Annual Conference | June 25-29, 2017
Marriott Marquis & Marina | San Diego, California
Online abstract submission for volunteer participants is now open! Papers at all levels and in every areas of economics are welcome. Only an abstract is required for submission at this stage. Consider organizing a session with colleagues in your field and you all benefit with a lower participation fee!
Presidential Address by Nobel Laureate Peter Diamond, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and keynote address by Janet M. Currie, Princeton University.
WEAI Conferences regularly include participation by Allied Societies that organize anywhere from just a few sessions to an entire conference including membership and board meetings. Whether your group is long-established or simply part of an emerging specialty, WEAI can help bring your members together and increase your visibility within the discipline. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities for Economists
- Research Analyst, applied micro, Center for Naval Analyses
- Assistant Professor (2), all fields, Institute of Economics, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile
- Faculty position opening, macro preferred, Department of Economics, National Cheng Kung University
- Teaching and Research Positions, all fields, Department of Economics, National Chengchi University
- Assistant Professor, industrial organization, Department of Economics, Pomona College
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Environmental & Resource Economics or Energy Economics, Portland State University
- Research positions, Applied Microeconomics, Economics, Sociology, and Statistics Department, RAND Corporation
- Tenure-track positions, all fields, Department of Economics, University of California, Los Angeles
- Lecturers, Department of Economics, University of California, Riverside
- Open rank, econometrics, Department of Economics, University of California, Riverside
- Associate or Full Professor, HCRC Chair in Affordable Housing, University of Hawaii
- Assistant or Associate Specialist, Social Science Research Institute and Water Resources Research Center, The Economic Research Organization of the University of Hawaii
- Tenure-track Assistant Professor, Macroeconomics, Department of Economics, University of San Diego
Open rank, empirical microeconomics, Department of Economics, University of Washington
- Society for Benefit Cost Analysis, 9th Annual Conference, March 15-17, 2017, Washington, DC