2016 Best Article Award
"Reconciling Micro and Macro Estimates of the Frisch Labor Supply Elasticity" by William B. Peterman
- NEW! Specialized Virtual Issues
Early View Content | January 2017 Issue
2016 Best Article Award
"Drug Policy and Intergenerational Income Mobility in the United States" by Owen Thompson
- NEW! Virtual Issue on Inequality
- Early View Content | January 2017 Issue
92nd Annual Conference | June 25-29, 2017
Marriott Marquis & Marina | San Diego, California
Online abstract submission for volunteer participants is now closed. We are in need of volunteer discussants and chairs, so please consider sharing your expertise with your colleagues, or organize a session with colleagues in your field and you all benefit with a lower participation fee!
Presidential Address by Nobel Laureate Peter Diamond, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and keynote address by Janet M. Currie, Princeton University.
WEAI Conferences regularly include participation by Allied Societies that organize anywhere from just a few sessions to an entire conference including membership and board meetings. Whether your group is long-established or simply part of an emerging specialty, WEAI can help bring your members together and increase your visibility within the discipline. For more information, contact email@example.com.
13th International Conference | January 3-6, 2017
Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, Centro de Extensión, Santiago
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the enormous success of the conference. Over 300 economists from 34 countries came together to discuss 291 papers in 94 concurrent sessions. Keynote addresses by WEAI President-Elect Orley Ashenfelter, Nobel Laureate Robert Engle, and Pontifical Catholic University of Chile President Ignacio Sanchez Diaz, plus participation by Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel and Nobel Laureate and WEAI Vice President Daniel McFadden were among the many highlights of the conference.
Opportunities for Economists
- Research Analyst, applied micro, Center for Naval Analyses
- Faculty position opening, macro preferred, Department of Economics, National Cheng Kung University
- International/Country Economist, RAND Corporation
- Lecturers, Department of Economics, University of California, Riverside
- Associate or Full Professor, HCRC Chair in Affordable Housing, University of Hawaii
- Assistant or Associate Specialist, Social Science Research Institute and Water Resources Research Center, The Economic Research Organization of the University of Hawaii
- Non-Tenure track, full time position, Department of Economics, University of San Diego
- Postdoctoral Scholar Research Associate (3), Department of Economics, University of Southern California
Open rank, empirical microeconomics, Department of Economics, University of Washington
- Society for Benefit Cost Analysis, 9th Annual Conference, March 15-17, 2017, Washington, DC
- Call for Papers: USC Dornsife INET Conference in Inequality, Globalization, and Macroeconomics